Tuesday, November 25, 2014

ODBDSLC218 - Blessings Word Challenge Week 2

The Shining the Light challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs this week is to make a card using 4 letters from the word BLESSINGS.  Join us here for all of the details.





For the word challenge I chose the following letters: 

B: Baby
L: Lace
E: Embossing (heat & dry)
S: Star

I heat embossed the ODBD Mother & Child and Snowflake Stars and layered the nativity on a die from the Quatrefoil die set, the background paper is from the Christmas Paper Collection.  Lace made with the Beautiful Borders die set was added along the bottom.

ODBD Papers Used: Christmas Collection 2014

Other Supplies: foam tape, heat embossing, Stampin Up markers, water pen.

Check out the blogs of my talented friends for more inspiration.


6 comments:

  1. Oh wow DJ, beautiful colors on your card and I love the patterned paper you used!!! Just gorgeous! Lovely water color coloring as well! I like the snowflake pattern in your star, it came out really well! Everything is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, DJ, what a beautiful image, and I love your color combo! So soft and beautiful! I really love the black matting for a striking effect, and the star and the foliage are lovely! Definitely a beautiful card, and I love your word challenge! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful imagery with the mother and child as well as the star looming above!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful image, DJ, depicting the true meaning of Christmas!! Your coloring and color combo is beautiful!! The added star in your layout is a beautiful touch!! Have a blessed Thanksgiving my friend!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card DJ! It's a classy Christmas card showing the true reason we celebrate! Love the black framing and the border on the bottom! Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card DJ! I love the black matting and your star is awesome!

    ReplyDelete